Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 54...holy cow!

Ladies and gents, they are officially SIGNED, SEALED, and DELIVERED!  I slaved over these wonderful creations (if I do say so myself) and I'm so excited about how they turned out. I cannot take all of the credit.  I definitely took inspiration from some of my stationery-world heros, but I made the compilation my own.  The result: a personal state of invitation bliss *sigh*


I can give credit for the majority of my design to two individuals whose craft and skill I greatly admire: Betsy Dunlap & Shanna Murray.  A year ago I purchased a valentine (for myself...don't judge) just so I could hold in hand the fine calligraphy of Betsy and the beautiful illustrations of Shanna.  I loved the design so much I couldn't get away from it, and frequently would take it out of the drawer just to catch a brief moment of design bliss.  It only made sense, for many reasons, that I translate the design to my own creation for our wedding invitations.


So take a quick look at the valentine that started the love affair of this design:










Pride & Prejudice letter technique, Japanese washi tape, black baker's twine, gold baker's twine, silhouettes, cartouche frames, & calligraphy all sealed with black/gold wax seal with an initial "A" = my compilation of all the best loved inspiration. 


I even did a mini vintage-esque photo shoot with my invites.  Have a look-see:
















A special thanks to my mom for helping me fold, tape, and stamp a TON of invites, and to my wonderful hubby-to-be for being patient with the process. We were able to endure an entire season of 24 on Netflix together while I hand wax-sealed each and every one with love :)

1 comment:

  1. They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! As I told you when I first got them in my mailbox :) love love love!

    ReplyDelete